Fried Zucchini Rounds

Sunday, February 27, 2011
1 C. Plain Bread Crumbs
2 Tbsp. Flour
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 C. Parmesan Cheese
1 C. Milk
1 large zucchini - cut into rounds
Vegetable Oil ( frying )



Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together. You can see that I added a bit of shredded cheese too.




Place milk in dish for dipping. Dip zucchini in breadcrumb mixture and then in milk and then back in breadcrumbs.



Place on plate and refrigerate for 1 hour. (I didn't plan ahead, I just breaded and fried which accounts for the loss of breading on some slices).



Place in fry pan with the oil that has been heated and fry at medium to medium low temperature until golden. Drain on paper towel. Serve with sauce or dip.




Review: 3 thumbs up. My picky eater of course said she didn't like it, but everyone else LOVED it. It was suggested that next time we add some pepper to the breadcrumb mix but it will be on our regular dinner menu from now on. Also, this makes A LOT of mix. I had a very large zucchini and there was breadcrumb mix left over, but I guess if you double bread things it would be just enough.

Note: Served with corn and mashed potatoes (I leave my skins on, YUMMY!)

0 comments: