Meatless Mondays

Monday, February 15, 2010
Who needs meat when you can make gorgeous treats like this...


you need phyllo (let it thaw in the fridge over night)
cheese (i used mozz/parm/feta)
I used fresh basil and some italian seasoning
tomatoes thinly sliced (roma is my fave)


Brilliant colors and textures... meat cannot compare
pp1


I'm not the vegan one, I really do adore cheese
pp2


When using phyllo, keep it covered. I used melted butter in between the layers. olive oil would work. Even spray oil would work, you just have to have some fat sticking the sheets together. I also put a little cheese mix in the middle after I did a few layers.
pp3


Place the veggies and herbs you like on top. Sprinkle on cheese mixture.
pp4


These cook pretty fast so don't go start another big project or anything. Look at the flaky goodness!
pp5


So Yum!  These are just perfect cut into tinyish square appetizers
pp6


~Venus

1 comments:

Random Nicole at: February 15, 2010 at 2:58 PM said...

Ok so I would actually make this. Also eat it.