Don't be a square... Roll your lasagna

Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Empress is having some real life business... car died a violent death, hurt back. etc.  So I'm going to pop in here again with an easy lasagna.


This is another one of those non-recipe recipes. You know, basic steps but really do what you want.


Lasagna Rolls
Boil your noodles, obviously. I made 9, you will need more than one 13x9 pan if you need more than that. I think two per person is a good base depending on the crowd. (My son could eat quite a few, my daughter ate one)


Ok here is my big lasagna secret.  I do NOT like ricotta cheese. So feel free to use it in yours but I use *gasp* cottage cheese... yea yea  ew, whatever. lol  It is pretty similar but doesn't have that grainy quality that bugs me.


I shredded carrots then added them with a little onion seasoning blend (I used frozen to save time) and some garlic cloves to a pan and cooked for a few minutes. Then I threw in a big bunch of roughly chopped fresh spinach (you could use frozen just thaw and drain well and no need to cook) and cooked until wilted. Set aside


In my food proc. I added the cottage cheese (ricotta), an egg, Italian spices. Pulsed until mixed. Added in a little shredded mozzarella and parm cheeses. Pulse. Add in the veggies from the pan. Pulse to mix well.


Lay out your noodle and using a spoon put a line of the filling down the noodle. Then just roll up.  Place in a greased 13x9 dish with some sauce covering the bottom, seam side down.  


Once all of your rolls are in the pan spoon sauce over each roll, cover with foil and bake at 400 for 20 min. remove foil, sprinkle some cheese on each roll and put back in the oven for about 10 min until the cheese is nicely melted. 


Easy, fun to make, fun to eat. This was a winner and you can use any veggies you want and adding in fake meat or real meat would be easy too.


feb9


~Venus

2 comments:

'Ailina at: February 10, 2010 at 9:36 PM said...

Good grief that sounds easy. I'll never make lasagna the same way again.

Unknown at: February 10, 2010 at 9:41 PM said...

It is SO much easier, IMO. And it comes together and cooks faster.