Meal Plan Not-Mondays

Thursday, January 7, 2010
I couldn't think of how to alliterate anything related to meal planning and Thursday.

I am getting over the stomach flu my darlings so graciously shared with me, so the last 2 days have been PB+J and grilled cheese. I am feeling slightly better today, and had to go grocery shopping since a big snowstorm is barreling through the Midwest right now.

I generally meal plan on Thursdays since that is when my husband gets paid and because he works a really irregular schedule, and it is easier for me to do one big shopping trip once every two weeks and then a couple of smaller trips later as needed for produce and perishables without having to haul around the monkeys. I try to shop for 10 meals since I am aiming for 2 weeks. I don't necessarily go in the order I originally write up, usually I go by which produce needs to be used before it goes bad.

Meal 1: Homemade macaroni and cheese, Hot Sauce Glazed Tempeh (from Veganomincon), and sauteed kale.

Meal 2: Yogurt quiche with veggie bacon, butternut squash biscuits, and green salad.

Meal 3: My copycat of Kashi's Frozen Entree Black Bean and Mango, it's going to be either really good or a disaster.

Meal 4: Homemade roasted vegetable pizza and more green salad.

Meal 5: Tempeh Helper from the PPK blog with whatever frozen veg I feel inspired to add.

Meal 6: Pumpkin pancakes, scrambled eggs, and fresh fruit.

Meal 7: Home Seitan BBQ Ribs (from the Susan V's FatFree Vegan Kitchen blog,) mashed potatoes with white country gravy, and roasted green beans.

Meal 8: 2 bean nachos, and more fresh fruit.

Meal 9: Marinara and spaghetti with roasted broccoli.

Meal 10: Red Lentil Soup (from Eat, Drink, and Be Vegan) with homemade focaccia.

Which leaves me 4 meals that can be either PB+J, grilled cheese, or just putting the old Cheerio trough out.

Oh, and here's a pic of my new enamel cast iron skillet I found at Aldis. It's so pretty, I can't wait to season it.

0 comments: