May 8th Weekly Menu

Saturday, May 8, 2010
I'd like to share a weekly menu plan for my contributions to the blog. I got tired of hearing "What's For Dinner?" every day, so I started writing out a menu on a white board in our kitchen so everyone knows what's for dinner.

This week I'm sharing the one my daughters made. We usually discuss as a family what we would like to eat for the upcoming week before we go grocery shopping. Many weeks there are pleas of "Can I make a sandwich instead of eating THAT?". I guess I snapped one night and said, "OK, you don't like what we make, then you make a dinner menu, write out the grocery list and make dinner for a whole week" And to my surprise, they were happy about it, until they tried to make everyone else happy. They realized how hard it is :)

But after a few hours of digging through cookbooks they came up with a plan:

Sunday night: Breakfast for dinner - waffles, eggs and fruit salad

Monday night: Ratatouille (they've never eaten this, but loved the movie, so we shall see)

Tuesday night: Burgers, fries and salad (veggie burgers for me, regular meat ones for them)

Wednesday night: Homemade pizza

Thursday night: Spaghetti with sauce and green beans (on the side)

They have planned for eating out on Friday and Saturday next week :)


In the future, my weekly dinner menu posts will be a bit more balanced, include 6 dinner ideas as well as a recipe for one of the meals.

0 comments: