Eggballs or Plantballs just don't have the same ring

Saturday, January 30, 2010
Meatballs... little round, fun balls of meat. Well, kinda, only eggplant. This could be a great way to sneak veggies into a reluctant eater.  I found this recipe on this fabulous blog... Straight From the Farm, gorgeous pics, just superb!


You have to go to her site to get the recipe and see her pics because I really can't compare.


Here are my photos and comments of the recipe...


mballs


mballsub


I doubled her recipe and gt exactly 30. I'm going to make a freezer batch but I'm going to process the whole eggplant batch instead of leaving some chunks because some of the balls were a bit too eggplanty. If I were going to leave some chunks I think I'd peel the eggplant though because if you get an actual bite of skin it can be a little bitter.


Overall they were very good but we need a few tweaks to make them perfect for us.


Eggplant Meatballs


If you try them make sure you let us know how you liked them and if you made any changes.


~Venus

0 comments: